Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OOOPS!!!! Patty is not gone yet!

Hi,

OUCH! Like I said at the end of the year breakfast - I am good at putting my foot in my mouth! I said last night at the contract ratification meeting that Patty had retired. That is true - however - it is not effective until the end of NEXT SCHOOLYEAR. I had my date wrong. Please forgive me - I think I was so shocked at the announcement that I did not read the rest carefully enough.

As for the meeting last night - wow - was I wrong. I thought it would be a short 15 minute meeting and we would vote - I had no idea it would be so eventful! I talked with Patty this morning and we are working on the language for prep time because people were not happy with the proposed language and so it had to be adjusted. Patty and I seem to be on the same page on prep time language and we will get that out to everyone who was not at the meeting ASAP. We will also be sending the ballots to decide whether or not we ratify in the mail today, if possible.

If you are interested in looking over the contract, it should be online at the district website soon.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment