Tuesday, June 1, 2010

District Response to our Proposal on May 24th

Hi,

I had several people ask me how the district's bargaining team responded to our offer on May 24th. I should have put that in the initial post.I will say that Patty talked to both Tonya and I the next day and was as sincere as I have ever seen her and she said that she was impressed with our offer and appreciated our efforts at being willing to come to the table with a proposal that showed real movement. I am not sure what the other members of the district's negotiating team thinks. I hope they feel the same way that Patty feels and see that we came with an honest offer and one we felt our membership would support. We, as a negotiation team also feel that this is our bottom line. We understand that times are tough and we are just looking at holding on to what we have and not going backwards on health benefits or pay.

So all in all, I think the district saw that we really made some moves to get negotiations completed. We will see what their response is on June 14th. It does not look good with all of the bad budget news, so we will just have to wait and see.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment